If you getting “Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed” error on your iPhone, iPod and iPad running under iOS 9 or iOS 8, learn how to fix this issue.
This error appears when iOS devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) try to receive new mails, particularly from Microsoft Exchange account. Normally this issue appeared on all devices like iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, 5c, 5 and iPhone 4s and most of the iPads.
Solution No 1: Change Security Settings of Microsoft Exchange
- Open Active Directory Users and computer
- Select View -> Advanced Features on the top menu.
- Right click the mail account which cause issue and select Properties.
- Select Security tab. Then select Advanced.
- Tick the check box ““Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent”.
Solution No 2: Move email to different inbox
Move all mails from inbox to different folder or temporary folder (create the temporary folder on server)
Solution No 3: Change the Account password
Change the Yahoo account or Microsoft Exchange email account password and check the problem.
Solution No 4: Reenter Password
This problem happened on your iPad or iPad after you changed your mail password in computer or laptop.
On your iPhone or iPad, Navigate to to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Account >Password.
Select the Password and enter new password. Your iOS device might prompt you to sign into make this change. After log in to mail account, it update email password and refresh mails.
Listen: Try 2 or 3 times if it does not bring the prompt,.
- Enable and disable Airplane mode in your Apple device settings.
- Delete the account and create it as a new account.
- Reset Network Settings (Settings > General > Reset – Reset Network Settings)
- Disable iCloud. Navigate back to mail acount and reset password.
- Change the “Mail Days to Sync” field to “No Limit”.